Monday, October 27, 2014

From the Archives

It is nearing the end of October, with this coming weekend welcoming November. Eek! Last week I had to scrape the car as it had a good layer of frost on the windows. And while driving down the road, it looked like snow in some spots. It's coming, it's coming!!!

But before Winter comes and all that comes with it, we have Fall yet and need to finish up October.

The last day of October is Halloween - at least here in North America. There are many countries in the world who do not "celebrate this holiday." Holiday??! Who am I kidding? However, by the decorations that are being put up, the displays in the store and the giddiness of everyone around us, one would think that is most certainly *is* a holiday.

Two years ago, I, the Halloween Grinch, wrote a little piece on my blog about Halloween. Two years later, my line of thinking is still the same, and so I thought I'd repost it. I don't know who my "readership" is, and maybe it hasn't changed in two years, and so you've read it already. But in case it has changed and there are one or two new readers, and you are one of them, this may interest you. Or not.

So, here it is: Why We Don't Participate in Halloween

While most look forward to October 31st, we can't *wait* for the days following, when we may buy candy at half the price it was, as well as stock up our dress-up box!  See? We can have fun, too! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment