Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Hola!! Cerveza?

Well, the article is written and sent off, as are the minutes for the committee I am on. Priorities are back on track. I better punch out a blog post about our trip to Mexico though, before I get my article back from the editor, with the words "Please re-do - not what we were looking for."

So yes, on Wednesday, January 14th, Nathan and I boarded a plane that took us to Mexico. We left in -20 weather, and 4 hours later we were trying hard not to complain of the heat from standing on the tarmac, waiting for the Mexican officials to process the nearly 5000 people in front of us. Yes, I am slightly exaggerating, but we certainly felt like cattle, being prodded along. I guess that's what happens when every plane that was headed to Mexico that day, all landed at the same time.

2 hours later, we were in our van, being transported to our destination: El Dorado Seaside Resort. Once there, that experience at the airport faded rapidly, thanks to this:

and this.....

and, well, all of what I am to show you. The grounds were beautiful, the food - fantastic, the weather exactly what we were hoping for, the room nice, cool and large, and the company wasn't too bad either ;o)

You could pay extra for a romantic dinner in one of these things. We didn't bother, as we thought having a dinner without kids was romantic enough!

We spent the first day at the pool and the rest of the days at the ocean:


Just a snapshot of the time Nathan would take his first of three naps of the day. Yes, that is 8:44 am, and he is sound asleep at the beach.




We did have one day of cloud; it looked quite threatening for awhile, but it mostly by-passed us, leaving us with just a short shower. I was completely oblivious to what was coming, as Nathan wasn't the only one that napped on the beach......


Our room was on the top floor, with a larger-than-king bed - this thing was h.u.g.e!! Sure has made our bed at home feel and look like a single!

 


The food was obviously good if we go by our waistbands by the end of the week......





And a few more from around the resort:





It was blissful and such an enjoyable holiday. We had a lot of time together, which was *the* best part. We did also meet lots of people, mostly from Alberta and Ontario. There were a few die-hard British and Swedish people as well (die-hard because it takes them over 10 hours to get there!). We say 'hello' to Adam and Becky, a couple who left too early for our liking!! But we have more reason to visit England now :o)

I hesitated at first to post pictures, as I didn't want to make you envious. But then I thought by looking at the pictures, it may feel like a mini-holiday for you! And you didn't have to ship your kids out,
....or lose an hour
....or lather yourself with sun screen 3x's a day
....or deal with fish that nibbled at your legs
....or try to figure out where you want to eat for supper
....or swallow salt water
....or be woken up from a nap by the maid that wants to clean your room
....or try to get back into the clothes you traveled down in
....or .......well, you get the point.

You can thank me in the comments. :o)

But if you want a true holiday and are looking for somewhere to go? I highly recommend this place!!

Thank you so much to the two families that welcomed our children into their homes, making it possible for us to go. According to Keziah, it may be a very long time before we are allowed to do this again. And Lincoln? Well, let's just say being home for a week and I am almost needing another holiday thanks to my dear boy. Have I mentioned that he is three? 'nough said. :o)

Seriously though, we are very thankful for God's care while we were separated, and so thankful for bringing us back together again. Real life is a good thing.

3 comments:

  1. Looks beautiful! We went to El Dorado Royale nine years ago, and set the bar very high for any future trips. It looks like the food at Seaside Suites was just as good as I remember the food being at El Dorado Royale ... now I want to go back!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was actually your recommendation that we took. You had written that on my blog post of our Mexico trip 2 years ago. But I didn't know it was the Royale. We heard (once we were down there) that the Royale and Seaside had very similar quality in food but that Seaside had a nicer beach/ocean than Royale. It was all so beautiful!!

      Delete
  2. I'm pretty sure I could deal with lathering myself with sunscreen, deciding what to eat for dinner from a plethora of options that I myself did not have to prepare, being woken up from my third nap of the day by my personal maid, sitting by the ocean with drink in hand... blissful! :) Glad you enjoyed yourselves!

    ReplyDelete