Monday, January 12, 2015

December Delights!

Are you ready for a picture overload?! That's what happens when December is a month full of festivities and family time. Good thing too that we had a fun month 'cause I believe December was one of the greyist ones yet!

Speaking of grey - have you ordered your book yet so you are ready to read this with me starting the first week of February? I hope you do join me!

We will start this December Delight photo dump with our time with good friends, A and T. We get together with them every year to open up gifts. That is, once Santa is done banging on the door to drop the gifts off. Our kids and their kids are quite different in looks - but also in character! All their kids were out the front door to look at the gifts. My kids? Well, they'll look through the safety of the window - just in case that big man in the red suit is really there.


Yeah, neither of my kids like Santa. At all. Keziah never has and will hide from him. And Lincoln? He was quite nervous when he saw him in the mall, but with daddy by his side he did go to talk to Santa. Well, Santa talked to him. Lincoln didn't say a word.

But back to opening up gifts with A and T:




Back at home, finding delight with each other:


We also found delight in opening up our stockings and playing with what was in there. I do believe Keziah was the last 5.5 year old to know about Frozen. Up until now, she never had a clue about it........



One of the most delightful things of this month was to see this man find an activity to do that had nothing to do with the business. With the business right here on the property, it can be hard for him to "get away" from it. And with technology the way it is, while he may not be in the office, that technology follows him into the house, which all has to do with the business. So to see this guy find great relaxation in doing a puzzle gave me a delighted heart for him.

Watching my men put together a heavy-duty laundry sorter for me also gave me delight! Lincoln took his role seriously, "reading" and acting out the instructions to his dad, and then doing them:



However, I do believe this picture is the most delightful of them all, and not just for the month of December, but for all of 2014! This picture not only fills my heart with delight, it makes me struggle for breath. How is it possible that these two blessings are ours?! But they ARE!! Praising God for His goodness!!!

1 comment:

  1. Looking good Helders! Well, 3 of you anyway. ;) I think I have the same laundry sorter! I just watched Frozen this Christmas break with Eden so Kez isn't the only one out of the loop. You have to blow that last picture up into posture size..and wallet size. It's wondrous.

    ReplyDelete