Monday, December 15, 2014

Happenings??

So the name of this blog, as you know, is Helder Happenings. And when I look back on my posts, it sure has been awhile since it has lived up to its name! Time for that to change. Let me share a few snapshots as to what has all kept us a (mostly) pleasant busy the last little while.

Our little Drummer Boy Girl, using old paint cans and a wooden chair. I have a video of her - it is quite amazing. I just don't know how to upload a video to the blog. If you know how, by all means, do share!


And just so you know, she doesn't only dress up to play the drums. I do believe she is the most fashionable mother I have ever met!

Who says you need to learn how to dive in a pool?! Don't worry - I DO!!!

This is what our breakfast table looks like on a typical day: often a furry guest, a smiley brown-eyed girl willing to share a cheerio with the guest, and a boy with a stuffed mouth:


Another typical sight in our house, but after breakfast. And if I leave her socks there, by Friday there are more than one pair!

Lincoln is starting to see the benefits of Keziah being in school: that means lots of one on one time!

He also gets to be my number one helper......even if things are out of reach. Or supposed to be.


I am also learning to "enjoy" the time she is at school. Toy purge!!! This can only be done when she is not around, as she sees a treasure in every. thing. See that garbage? Pretty full, eh? We were sure to empty it before 3 that afternoon ;)

The one not so pleasant happening was that the man of the house got pretty sick. Like, let's-pass-out-twice-and-stop-breathing sick. Plus a few other nasty symptoms. Needless to say, a couple days in bed was needed. Lincoln wanted to share his stuffie with daddy, so daddy would get better. Thankfully no one else got it. Yet.

A December tradition in our home is make and then eat these!

We've also opened up some presents with Nathan's side of the family. I knew that Lincoln would get excited to receive a truck (and Nathan?!)....

....but Keziah's reaction to pipe cleaners (yes, pipe cleaners!! ) was definitely worth watching!

Now that it is December, deer milk has made it into the fridge. Deer milk, you say? Yes, deer milk. What. You don't call it 'deer milk'?! Yeah, neither did we.....until Lincoln asked me for it the other day. He was referring to this:

And, as a wrap, we were blessed last week with the most amazing sunset. Well, truth be told....seeing even a wee bit of sun was such a blessing as it has been so grey (which has affected me early and more intensely than usual, compared to other years). But this sunset sure made up for it!! I now have this in my picture folder and memory to carry me through the times of "will we ever see the sun again??"


The heavens are telling of the glory of God; And their expanse is declaring the work of His hands. Ps. 19:1
 
So much more has happened, as I was reminded while going through my pictures of the last month and a half. In all of it, God has kept us safe. He was near us through sickness and health, in dark days and plenty of light days. We are so thankful for His ever-presence around us.

No comments:

Post a Comment