Thursday, May 7, 2015

Been Busy.....Refocusing!

With Spring in the air (it actually felt like summer today!!), you can't help but see the earth around you rejuvenated and refreshed, becoming alive again.

And this is exactly what I've been busy with as well the last number of weeks: a big part that needed to be rejuvenated, refreshed and refocused in my life was my parenting. My parenting of a 3 year old.

I couldn't be talking about this handsome blue-eyed innocent looking boy, am I?!?!

Still think he is so innocent looking??! :o)

After a few weeks of frustration and not getting anywhere, thanks to my lack of parenting skills (well, it sure felt like it!), my best friend gave me a book, a book that has totally refocused my parenting from "I am not really liking you right now" to "Man, I enjoy being with you!". And no, it wasn't him that changed first - it was ME! I had to change my ways, my attitude and my actions. And this book helped me to do that (as well as a lot of humbling prayer).

I highly, highly, recommend this book! It put enjoyment back into my parenting, changing the atmosphere in our home from one of frustration to one of pleasure..

Because really, he *IS* such a joy.....so full of life! Those blue eyes show so much expression.


He is a lot of fun and I am so thankful to have had my eyes opened and my parenting rejuvenated. Have I mentioned I highly recommend that book?! ;o)

This boy is a gift to our family - one we are so blessed to have. As is his blessing of a sister.

2 comments:

  1. I think I need to borrow or purchase that book...Asher and I are having some struggles...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Purchase it. I'd let you borrow mine, but most of it is all underlined with lots of my writing in the margins ;) Besides, I do believe I'll be pulling it back off my shelf sooner than later to put things back into focus again......

      Delete