Friday, June 5, 2015

Hearts Filled With Thankfulness

Last night, Keziah participated in her very first school concert, themed Thankfulness! She was pretty excited, having practiced many songs in the last weeks at school. I was pretty excited because for the first time, I could watch as a parent - not as a teacher! For once, my own child was up there, singing with the masses. These firsts for me as a parent never gets old.
 

Before we left for the church, she found a little flower that she wanted in her hair....

Keziah wasn't too nervous - not that I noticed or she said anyway. And she LOVES to sing. She did well, and it was neat to see her with her little class and school.
 
 

And here is a little video of her singing....it's shaky (and blurry at first), but it's the best I could do, sitting so far away. My little zoom on my camera could only work so well....

Keziah - song with actions

It was the last concert for our school, a school that has been known as Covenant Christian School for more than 25 years. In fact, it's the school that *I* went to as a kid! However, it is a small school. And with another small school about 20 minutes away, we have come to the point where amalgamating the two schools is the wisest option (a decision that has taken years to make!). Come September, the combined schools will be known as Grace Christian School, with a student population of about 175 (give or take) students. We look forward to this new phase! Well, looking forward to the positives and advantages that come with a larger school......not so much of her going to Gr. 1. Waaaaaaa!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment