Thursday, October 1, 2015

Surprise Start to September!

I am not sure if you gathered this about me yet from my last posts, but I was somewhat dreading September. I actually *love* the month of September, but this September. Meh. It could have started and passed without me noticing and I would have been just fine. I just was so not ready to send Keziah off to school every day. So to avoid thinking about it, we took off camping!

Someone was not able to enjoy their reservation at our most favourite camping park, and so we jumped all over it. 4 days later we packed up and headed out to Arrowhead Provincial Park for the Labour Day Long weekend. And what a weekend it was to end our summer - lots of heat, sand, campfires, hikes, bike rides, swims and rock climbing. It was fan.tas.tic. Here, let me show you:
 
 
 
 
 This boy and his cars. They are his treasures, treasures that are played with day after day after day after day after, well, you get the idea.....
 
 
 
 

The girl is petrified of anything cutsie, like kittens, puppies, hamsters etc. (which, by the way, I totally understand....), but climbing rocks at an incline that makes my momma's heart stop? Nope, no problem at all!!

Arrowhead has a really neat waterfalls/rapids. Due to it being later in the summer, the water wasn't overly high, which meant the kids could go in with Daddy. They loved it and I love these pictures!
 

The day we were to leave to go home started a bit earlier than we would have wanted. Like, 4 am early. Keziah came to us, short of breath. Did you know she has asthma?? No, we didn't either!! So you can imagine our concerns when she just could not get her breath and we had nothing with us to help her. We are so thankful to God that this happened on this camping trip, at a park with a hospital 10 minutes up the road, as opposed to the park we were at earlier in August for two weeks, where the hospital is 2 hours away! After a good dose of Ventolin, she was breathing much better. Now we know to add puffers (inhalers) on my What to Pack List.

Despite this scare, we enjoyed an unexpected 5 days of togetherness, doing something we love so much: camping. And it helped me to not focus on what was to come the day after we got back. But as you know, it's October, so clearly I survived What Was About To Start when we got back from camping. More about her first day and how we have survived this transition next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment