Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Birthday Celebrations

As mentioned before, we were in Ottawa for a few days back at the end of December. That meant Lincoln's birthday was celebrated there. He was pretty excited to be in a hotel for his birthday!

About a month and a half before his special day, he put some of his toys on the table and said, "Mom, can you give these toys to me for my birfday?"

What kid does that?! Wants his own toys back as a present for his birthday? Not thinking he was too serious, I gave him a bag to put the stuff in and then I forgot about it. Later that day I remembered what he had asked, so I looked around for the bag. I couldn't find the toys he had selected or the bag anywhere near the other toys. Where did he put it??

I went into our office and into the closet, the closet where I keep gifts and sure enough, this is what I found:

This kid melts my heart! He was so serious about it all, really wanting them as a present. I didn't think he would be able to wait 6 weeks to get them back but he surprised me. About 3 weeks before his birthday, he was restless and groaning, saying, "I wish it was my birfday." I asked him why and he said it was because then he would get his toys back. I told him he could just get them and play with them, but he looked at me funny and said, "But mom! It's not my birfday!!". So he did not get them. What a kid.

So, we took them with to Ottawa to give to him on his birthday. We did get him some other things as well (we aren't that mean!), but the pictures will tell you his reaction to receiving back his toys. We hid his presents around the hotel room:

He had packed his mini hockey stick away for us to give him as well.....happy to have it back!

 "Yay!! Thank you, mom, for my dinosaur!! I missed it!!"
 


A tool cat from daddy! He LOVED this present and tells everyone this is what he got for his birthday.
 

 "What is this?! I don't like it, mom. I only like cars, trucks, animals and dinosaurs. I do not like this."

The night before, we went out to a store where he could pick out a piece of cake. I wasn't about to transport a cake/cupcakes all the way up to Ottawa. Lincoln was just as thrilled with this idea!

And of course, we had to eat the cake for breakfast. Don't you get to eat whatever you want whenever you want on your birthday?! But first, we sang......much to his delight. Not.

 
 

Once the cake was inhaled eaten, we packed up and he spent the rest of the day in the car as we drove back home. He was treated to McDonald's on the way home, but other than that, the celebrations were pretty much done.

And now we have a 4 year old. Crazy how time flies. But we are so thankful for the 4 years we have had with this blue-eyed blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment