Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Family Pictures

It had been 4.5 years since we had family pictures taken (like, REAL ones....). I think it's the one on this blog by my name. Lincoln is 16 months old and Keziah is 3.5 years old. Now that they are 8 and almost 6, it was time for new ones.

I have been absolutely loving the work of a girl I went to high school with many moons ago, and so I contacted her and we set a date. In about 45 minutes, she clicked that button over 250 times.

She is quite the talented photographer. In all honesty, I was quite hesitant that we would have *any* nice pictures thanks to the antics of all of us:

  • a whiny little boy who was still trying to adjust going to school everyday, plus having pictures taken past his bedtime
  • an unfocused girl who would notice the details of every little weed, flower, bug, butterfly, stick etc that would catch her attention rather than the camera
  • a man that had a hard time getting into "position" at times due to new shoes squishing his feet, and well, going down on your hunches when you are over 40 can be hard to do....I guess. I wouldn't have a clue ;)
  • and then me, the mother bear who was busy making sure everyone was smiling and showing love to each other, as well as making sure clothing was staying in place, 'cause I lost way too much sleep on the matchy-matchy outfits (but tried to make sure they weren't toooo matchy-matchy)
Anyway, the following will attest to our photographer, Julie's work. Let me allow the pictures to do the rest of the talking.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


See?! Amazing work. I am so thrilled with these pictures. Julie is truly gifted in what she does and I am thankful I chose her to take these. Hopefully it won't be another almost 5 years before we do this again. By that time, Keziah will be 13 (ahhhh!!!!) and Lincoln will be almost 11 (waaaaaahhhhh!!!!). One day at a time shall we enjoy God's blessings of being a family of 4.

4 comments:

  1. Love them!! I love her work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great Michelle! You did a fabulous job on outfit choices too. I hear you on hours lost figuring out all this stuff. We just did our BIG family pictures and she did some of each little family too and I think we as Mama's tend to definitely over think it all! So good to do it though!!! Was so nice chatting with you Thanksgiving weekend even though it was brief. I'm glad we did!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was SO nice talking with you- thank you for making sure that happened!!

      Delete