Monday, January 8, 2018

November....

Say it isn't so......I haven't updated this blog since last year?! I better get to it then!! I did 10 months of the year of 2017, just two more to go.

November. Let me see. What did November bring us? Good thing I took pictures or else I would not remember much at all. Oh yes - here we are:

Lincoln has such a joy for all things reading. Every month they are given sight words. He is up to 60 words (well, he is actually reading now), but because the sight words come easy for him, he wanted to up the challenge by having us time him. I have never seen a kid get so excited for every single word he yells out. What a clown!

Looking over the pictures from November, many of them were of Lincoln and Keziah doing things together. They truly are never far from each other as you will see....



This is how they play so often, side by side. They have the whole downstairs but this is how I find them almost every day. And of course, I always take pictures when they don't notice. Love it.

Best of friends. Such a blessing.


This is an interesting way to sleep....

Apparently hanging onto your foot helps you to read...

Games, games and more games. That is one of his loves...

Brother reading to Sister.
Gorgeous sunrise one morning. Made the forest look like it was on fire.

Another interesting way to sleep....apparently she needed a stuffie or two to help her sleep. Make that 57.

Making a fort in the classroom while waiting for me to finish up my work - she's in there, can you find her hand?


A mom-son date, out for breakfast.


Again, what the kids do while they wait for me to finish up in the classroom.


Nathan sees a mess. I see creative play. What do YOU see?!

We heard the holiday train was coming very near to our home, so we quickly hopped in the car - no shoes, coats anything. Just run! We caught it....all 5 cars. Sigh. Oh well - the 5 cars were decorated nicely.


Keziah has been into building tee pees, and actually does them quite well without every being shown. Knowing her heritage and roots it must be an innate thing in her, and I honestly mean this as a compliment. I hope that comment isn't taken as racist as I don't intend that at all. I just think it is so cool!! Even at school, one time when I was on yard duty, I found a tee pee in the middle of the playground. Sure enough, Keziah had built it there.  Love it. 
 Puzzles - another favourite past time to Lincoln's.

Keziah and I also had a date - I took her to see Wonder. What a movie. Both her and I bawled our eyes out the whole time. So much of it hit close to home. She couldn't believe how mean kids can be and she left very thankful for never having been teased about her "differences" on her face by her peers. When we left the movie, she said she wished she never saw it, but then through talking about it - that it was tough to watch at times - it was a movie for everyone to learn so much. We had many discussions following this movie. About 5 days later, she asked if she could watch it again. That's totally her - needs some time to digest, chew, think and ponder on something.
 

First snowfall had this boy happily cleaning off the car. I was a grateful momma!

And that was November! Actually, something big, and I mean, BIG happened in November, too, but that will be the next post. This post is already long enough. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment