Friday, September 19, 2014

Friday Night Thoughts

Nathan is at a meeting tonight (who has Friday night meetings?!?!) and so I have some time to put some thoughts down. Seeing as it *is* Friday, these thoughts are far from deep :o)

Another week has come and gone. While the weather has been on the cooler side, the sun has been shining brightly. But boy, when that sun goes down, it is chill-y!!! Tonight, our school put on a BBQ and that chill was felt right to the bones. Good thing the fellowship was so warm. We are so thankful to be part of the communion of saints, having an evening to enjoy one another's company.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So Keziah had her first 3 day school week, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. I must say, she has handled it quite well! Last night she did say she didn't want to go back to school the next day because school is so tiring, however this morning, when I woke her up, she was eager to get dressed (in red for Red Day, including a red bow! And yes, she is wearing red under her sweater :o) and off she went.

 I also actually went to school today. This afternoon I was in a Gr.5/6 classroom, supply teaching. Oh, how I love the classroom! Tuesday afternoons I also help out in a Gr. 3/4 classroom, with this past Tuesday being the first time. Man, that environment is just so 'home' for me. I look forward to being in this environment every Tuesday afternoon, as well as whenever I am called to fill in for a teacher.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Any ideas on what book to do for Book Talk? I've been thinking about this again lately. I enjoyed doing one last May/June. Possibly thinking of doing another one sometime this Fall/Winter. So if you have an idea, do share! And it doesn't have to do anything with parenting....;)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Keziah's next surgery is in less than a month. Eep.

Speaking of surgeries, Lincoln is now at the exact age of when Keziah had her first bubbles put in. Here she is, waiting to go in to get her bubbles placed. She just seemed to be a whole lot......older than what Lincoln is at the same age.


And a close up of her at 4 months before turning 3. Ugh, my heart stirs when I see pictures of her and her full birthmark. I don't know if I miss her birthmark or just miss her at this age.....probably a bit of both. Just wanna kiss that darling face!!!

And now to post a picture or two of Lincoln at the same age. Hmmmm, well, I'll be honest - I don't have a whole lot of him! Not because he is the second child, but more because this boy doesn't stand still for a moment! But, just before I gave up, I remembered I grabbed one of him at the only place he does sit still - at the table, waiting for food :o)
 
But no, not a whole lot of close ups. Something I shall work on, but yeah, he's a boy. He doesn't have time to pose for pictures. There are more important things to do, like cars to line up, people!!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I have not forgotten about Tough Mudder. I had mentioned that I would post pictures of our very fun, very muddy day, but I do not have all the pictures yet. But once I do, I will post them so you can see what kind of fun you are missing out on!! :o)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Nathan was gone for 4 nights last week. I can tell the kids are getting older - it is a bit easier when he is gone now. We had a good four days, spending the last two days at my best friend's house. She is like a sister to me. I love her and her family so much. They are very dear to us. And we must be dear to them, because they named their youngest after me, taking my first and middle name, switching it around and named their daughter. I still can't believe they did that. So, so special. But yeah, we moved in for those 2 days and it was just so relaxing and fun. We will be sure to do this again the next time Nathan leaves!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I am glad Scotland is staying, not separating.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
With Fall around the corner, not only do I look forward to the leaves changing colour, but for one of my favourite sports to start up again - the NHL. I know, I know. They are sooooo overpaid. But I just love the game. Maybe, just maaaayyybeeee the Leafs will do okay? No? Oh well. At least they are consistent......sigh.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Well, it's getting late. Time for bed. I hope all of you have a wonderful weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment