Monday, May 30, 2016

Finished!!!!! Well, Almost.....

Do you know what day it is today?

DO YOU KNOW WHAT DAY IT IS TODAY???!?!?!

It is May 30th. So, what's the big deal you say?

That means it is the 30th day of our Whole 30. There are 3 hours left of this 30th day; 3 more hours and this eating whole foods for 30 days will be OVER!!

30 days without sugar, grains/wheat or dairy.

And we did it!!! We did it!!!!!

When I heard about this Whole 30 stuff, I honestly didn't think I'd ever take up that challenge ever in my life. But alas, 30 days ago we did.

Let me show you a few more food pictures of what we ate that did not contain sugar, grains, and dairy.

Coco-Curry Pork on Cauliflower Rice:

Sloppy Joes on a bed of lettuce and tomato:

Basil Chicken on Sweet Potato Mash:
 

This was a meal I made when I didn't feel like cooking something elaborate: chicken, roasted potatoes and green beans, using proper spices and clarified butter/coconut oil:

Lunch: Spinach, Strawberry, Avocado and Pine Nut Salad:

Shepherd's Pie, using pureed cauliflower instead of potato:

Homemade hamburgers on portobella mushroom as a bun:

Spaghetti using spaghetti squash for noodles:
 
 

Paleo Pizza using butternut squash as a "crust" (the ones with cheese are for the kids):

So as you can see, we enjoyed some scrumptious food. In fact, I will continue to make most of these recipes again as we loved them so much.

Next time I will write about how we felt the challenge went for us, any changes we noticed or didn't notice, what we missed, what was the hardest and if we would do this again.

But right now, we are going to go to bed as we don't want to be tired tomorrow for the celebration! :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm so impressed! Can't wait to hear the recap. I wonder if I could convince Doug to try this with me.....

    ReplyDelete