Thursday, March 28, 2013

Birthday Celebrations

I need to confess something before we get into the celebrations of yesterday. When I started this blog last fall, I had said that in order to do this properly, I will present things as honest as possible. Well, my sister kindly pointed out to me that yesterday on my Facebook picture and blogpost, I failed to be completely honest. You see, I only posted pictures of myself as a child that were cute. She was quick to tell me that "cute" was not always the case for me. And she is right. So before you go and think that I was always a cute little girl :o), I better share one more picture of me, one that only a mother could love:

There you have it. The full honest roly-pudgy truth :o))

On to the celebrations of yesterday. My dear hubby had to leave early in the morning for a 4 day business trip so we woke Keziah up early (yes, before the numbers matched!! :o) so that she could give me her gift. Nathan had taken her out the other night to pick something out for me. She had her heart set on finding me a pink sweater just like hers. Well, she found it!

Oh, but wait!!! She didn't just stop at the pink sweater. Oh no. Let a 3 year old pick out whatever she wanted to buy her mother can leave you with quite the interesting gifts....especially if pink is her favourite colour!
Thanks, darling daughter!!!

Because it was my birthday, we had a treat for breakfast - one of my most favourite cereals (between this and Fruit Loops, mmm-mmm-mmm-mmm-mmmmmm :o):

By this time, Lincoln was awake. I put my hat on for him. He didn't know what to think of it:

Later in the day, Keziah helped me get ready for the evening, as I was having a few friends over. We baked a Toblerone Mousse Cheesecake:

For supper, I took the kids to McDonalds. We have one nearby but we sure don't go very often. I think the last time was last summer. So it definitely was a treat!!!

After we were done eating, we spent some time in the play area. That also was a lot of fun! And I only had to climb up once to rescue Kez, who went too high for her liking.
(hmmmmm, how can I get to the very top and show my sister there is nothing to be afraid of??)


The day ended with a bang, as some of my friends came for the evening. The night was filled with chocolate, laughter and wine! Good times!! I have been so blessed in my life by each one of them.

And lastly, one of the best things about having a birthday in the Spring and near Easter, are the flowers/plants that I receive! They are all gorgeous and I love them! The 3rd arrangement is from Nathan, who felt so bad that he had to miss my birthday. It was a nice surprise when the doorbell rang!!

Here's to my 36th year.......:o)

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Michelle! I happen to think you are quite cute looking in your little girl picture! Love the pink gifts too. Fun that she gets to pick things out herself for you! Glad you had a fun day despite Nathan being gone . . and the flowers ARE all amazing. I'm seeing a lot of my favorites in there!
    p.s We do Lucky Charms for birthdays too . . .but certainly not for mine! That is for the kiddos over here! Funny.

    ReplyDelete