Monday, September 16, 2013

Our Days

So what is there to blog about now?! It seems like the last few months everything was about camping, camping, and camping :o), which was easy to blog about as there were lots of pictures and activities going on.

Now that September has hit, life has slowed down for us, so opposite of everyone else, whose lives have picked up speed with the start of school. But for us, our days have definitely calmed down. This is a good thing, something that was much needed. It gave time for reflecting, and re-focusing, especially on parenting and behaviour. 

Last week was oh so much better on both ends (parenting and behaviour), with everyone catching up on some much needed sleep (apparently she wasn't ready to drop her afternoon naps like I thought). And I was once again reminded on how much I need those morning devotions before the kids get up. It just puts my day into perspective. 

September brings back routine for many families due to school starting. Although Keziah is of Junior Kindergarten age, we have decided not to send her (I know....we are depriving our child. Not.). And yet, despite not having anything to do with school, our own home has once again also picked up the rhythm of routine and structure, things that kind of went out the window when summer started. And when these two things are back into place, it leaves for a much calmer atmosphere to be in.

Our days are filled with playing, going to the gym regularly, grocery shopping, swimming, napping, reading, walking, playing at the park and just enjoying time at home together. So while we aren't camping or doing anything "exciting", we are enjoying our September days:




For a few days, we had the pleasure of the Tooth Fairy living with us. While no one has lost any teeth yet, she felt the need to stay with us for awhile. Over time I got used to hearing "Spell!" "Spell!" "Spell!" with every touch of her wand.

These two play so nicely together more often than not. Today, Keziah declared she is going to grow up and marry Lincoln. I kind of told her that sisters and brothers don't marry each other, but I stopped once I saw the devastated look on her face. So for now, she is allowed to marry him :o)

Most of Keziah's friends are in school, but every once in awhile we still manage to find time to see them. These two could be sisters!

And so activity continues on here, just at a much slower pace. The leaves are starting to change colour already which makes Keziah incredibly happy. She just can not WAIT for winter. Crazy girl!!

2 comments:

  1. Did you see my "Best of 2012" contest on Facebook? You're in it, so you'd better share the album and get your FB friends voting! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I did see it! I don't think we'll get enough votes. I think if it was just Keziah's picture (the one that is on the top of her blog) we would garner a whole lot more votes. That one is still my ultimate favourite picture ever! I love it!! I enjoyed looking at all the other pictures in the Best of 2012. You do a good job!!

      Delete