Friday, December 13, 2013

P.H.R.F.T.L.

Yes, yes, I know. I missed last week's Pretty, Happy, Real, Funny, Thankful and Love installment. Oh well......I am not about to blog under pressure and so I skipped a week. This one will make up for it :o)

Pretty:
Our Christmas tree!! I did make the mistake of asking Keziah what colour lights she would like on the tree - colourful or white. Duh. Of course she wanted the colourful ones whereas I much prefer white ones. Brings back memories as a kid.....as a family we often went to Ottawa or Quebec during the Christmas break. On the way back home, which was once New Year's Day was over, my siblings and I used to count how many people still had their outdoor lights lit up. We also all came to the conclusion that everyone who had white lights were boring. The colourful ones were so much better. Funny how things change as now I think that the white lights are beautiful and the colourful ones are so tacky! Oh well. I should have known better than to ask a 4 year old girl, who likes anything glitzy :o)

Happy:
Living life through my children's eyes makes me happy. Seeing them carefree and secure makes my mother's heart a happy one. I love watching them just be kids, living up and loving childhood, enjoying all that comes with it, which is mostly imaginary play. Lately, Keziah is into giving "shows". She is always the dancer and Lincoln is always the "show-er-off-er" (label given by her :o).


And this time, Lincoln was quite happy to be in the audience. He was not alone :o)

Real:
Last Saturday we headed out and met up with some real animals! Some real sheep and camels!! Lincoln wasn't too sure about these real things that moved and made noises.


However, Keziah was absolutely thrilled to ride a real-live pony!!! (We were real proud of her as usually something like this scares the pants off of her. I guess she figured it was too cold to lose her pants....;)


Funny:
My sister and I got together this past week so the kids could play and we could chat. While they were playing, we thought we could squeeze in a workout. We put the video on and before we knew it, we had an audience sitting behind us, all lined up, watching us as we sweated and grunted our way through the exercises. Nothing like making you feel self-conscious with a peanut gallery who don't have a problem at all with stating the obvious. "Mom, you are doing it wrong." "Why did you stop? She didn't" ('she' being good ol' Jillian); "You're all red!".
They must have thought it looked like fun, because it didn't take them long to join in!

Thankful:
We are very thankful that we have finally dealt with the last bit of leaking in the basement (and if you ask Keziah why it was wet downstairs, don't believe her answer, which is it was all mice pee. I have no idea where she came up with that, but I overheard her telling that to someone. Eeeeewwww!!) Anyway, the work is now done and hopefully we can finish off our basement in the near future!

I was thankful the kids were being entertained by the workers.......
....and even didn't mind the dust that came up stairs! It just felt good to finally have our whole basement sealed up!

Love:
Before I vacuumed up all the dust (and vacuumed up, washed the floor, vacuumed up and washed it again), I couldn't help wanting to feel like I was 17 again. Yes, I am so corny. But I am in love.....with this man that has been in my life for over 18 years. So blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment