Monday, April 7, 2014

And It's Done!

When we moved into our home, the first thing to go was the carpet in the master and en suite. Actually, I do believe it was out even before I stepped foot into this house. Why people put carpet in a bathroom is beyond me. Apparently it was an 80s thing to do. And while I stated on a few posts ago it takes me a while to like the fashion of the day, usually liking it as it goes out, we are 25-30 years past the 80s and I have *yet* to like that fashion trend. I don't think I am alone with this one.

And so, with great excitement, we started our bedroom and bathroom renos in the middle of February (when I say 'we', I mean, Ridgeline Renovations. But more about them later....).

 It took a little longer than we anticipated, thanks to the While We Are At It disease. Have you heard of it? If not, it's probably because you haven't gone through a renovation. Go through one and you'll know exactly what I am talking about. (We heard about this disease from someone and boy, he sure had it pegged right!!)

So here are some before and after pictures.

Our en suite had a very large soaker/whirlpool tub in it. Sounds so nice, eh? Yeah, except we never used it (especially as we have a hot tub outside) and knew a shower would be a much better use of space:



Our bedroom:


That green was the colour of our walls. It is no more.

As stated above, we hired out most of the work to Ridgeline. We did however take on the painting of both rooms:
 Our supervisor :o)

As of last week, we were able to finally move back into our room as it was all done. It sure was worth the wait! We love it!


And the biggest change, our bathroom. Oh, how we absolutely are enjoying this space!! We kept the vanity and toilet in the same place, and where the tub was, is now our shower.


(picture above is taken from standing on the bench - with a heated seat I might add  :o)
 

 
 
We are just absolutely thrilled with how it all turned out, and we have Ridgeline Renovations to thank. We were very impressed with the fine detail in their work, which is especially important when dealing with water. You cannot be too careful with water. So if you are looking for an excellent company to do your renos, we highly recommend Rob from Ridgeline.
 
And if you are ever looking for me, you will either find me fast asleep on my new plush carpet in the bedroom, or snoring with a smile on my face, on the my heated floors in the bathroom.

3 comments:

  1. LOVE IT!!! Makes me want to do ours! Even though there isn't a great picture of it, I really like your bathroom floor. It's all just beautiful! Where was all your furniture hanging out??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All our stuff, including all the closet stuff (it's amazing what gets packed into a closet....) was in both kids' bedrooms. And we were sleeping in the office (home office, that is). So every room on that end of the house looked like a hurricane went through it for all those week. I am so glad to be able to have everything back in it's place. It organizes my mind as well :o)

      Delete