Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Birthday Pictures

While my birthday was almost a week ago, my last post did not include a single picture of the actual celebrations.

This year I kept it fairly low key, no party, not even having all my friends over for "coffee". All the birthday work is being saved for 2 months from now when a certain handsome man is turning 40. 40?! How is it that the man I am married to is going to be that old?? There must be something wrong with the math, 'cause there is just no way I could possibly be married to someone so close to the age of what my dad was when we started dating. Eek.

But I digress. Back to last week, when I had the privilege of celebrating my 36th birthday. The day started out with lots of kisses, card-opening and present giving:



While the day was somewhat quiet, 2 dear friends did come over for a few hours to enjoy some 'festivities' (much to Keziah's surprise, I had not even baked a cake for myself. Oops.). Not only was I happy to see them, but so was Keziah and Lincoln, as my friends brought some friends for them!


For supper, we went to a restaurant where if it is your birthday, you are free! So even though it was a buffet (see last post :o), it was so nice to enjoy this as a family, especially with little ones who can't wait long for their food.


So all in all, it was a great day, surrounded by so many blessings. And thank you to the many who also wished me a wonderful birthday!!



But wait.......not a single picture of presents? No worries, I was spoiled!! I was given 3 things and let me tell you, I cannot decide which one is my favourite. Maybe you can help  me decide?!

Present Number 1, given to me by my favourite 4.5 year old:

No, it wasn't a box of Olivia books. It was so much better than that!! That whole week, I had noticed she was collecting all kinds of things. This isn't really unusual for her, as she loves to find the smallest things and then treasure them. But what was so special this time around is that she spent days collecting - and all of it was for me. Here is her collection:

 While it may mean nothing to you, it meant a whole lot to me! She is so thoughtful and I treasured that box filled with her little gifts all day!!

Present #2:
I did not receive this present until a few days later, as it was being made:

My very own family necklace. This present brings me to tears. Not much else to say about it or else I'll start tearing up again, but I love this so much!!

And lastly, Present #3:
I also had to wait for this present - a whole 7 years!! And it finally arrived, on my birthday. What could it be, you ask?

CARPET!!!!! for in my bedroom!!!!

Believe me, when you've been walking on plywood since the day you moved in 7 years ago, receiving carpet for your bedroom is a beautiful, beautiful thing.

So, can you see why I can't choose which present is my favourite? They all are special in their own way. Present #1 and #2 leave me looking like a blubbering mess, and Present #3 makes me lay on the carpet and snuggle with it. I know, strange, eh? It is just so nice to not have to worry about splinters! :o)

And with that, my 37th year has started. I pray for health another year, that I may continue to be given what is needed to first and foremost follow my Lord and Saviour, and second, to continue in my tasks as wife and mother, doing it for His glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment