Monday, November 17, 2014

Surprise!!

Well, it happened. We knew it would sooner than later, but didn't really count on how soon sooner meant.



It started yesterday and stopped this afternoon. By the time it was done, we had at least 3-4 inches of the white stuff. Thankfully it looked really pretty and so it was somewhat welcomed.

The best part though was the snow was damp, which made perfect packing snow! So out we went. We right away built a snowman. Well, *I* built the snowman while Lincoln and Keziah ate the snow. And ate some more. And just in case they thought I wouldn't feed them lunch, they ate some more yet, with Lincoln even calling his handful of snow a "hotdog". Crazy kids!! ;)




Lincoln was quite thrilled and in awe with the snowman, which made the snowman smile.

So while we were all happy, including the snowman.....

...there was one little creature that, if he could cry, he would have. Keziah called me over to come and look at the "poor little guy who is lost, looking for his mama", and even me, the non-animal/creature lover, felt sorry for this guy. Looks like we weren't the only ones that were surprised with the snow!

Yeah, I don't think I have ever seen an ant walking across snow so slowly and gingerly.  But whether we like it or not, it looks like winter has started. It is hard to imagine that less than a week ago we were outside in 19 degree sunny weather! Oh well. Complaining about it isn't going to make it go away and so we might as well embrace it. Which I do.....until I have to bundle and buckle the kids up in the car with the wind howling in and all around. Sigh. Maybe I won't go anywhere for the next 5 months. Oh wait, if I don't go anywhere, my sanity will! So, I shall do my best to take in all in stride :o).

No comments:

Post a Comment