Tuesday, March 22, 2016

March Break Trip to BC Part 1

I am looking out my window and right now my view is of a few rolling mountains and hills. This has been our view for a week now and it still hasn't gotten old.

This year Keziah has a two week March break from school, and so we decided this would be the perfect time to take the kids to visit some dear friends on the West Coast. We left last Saturday and arrived in Abbotsford late but safe. It was the first time flying for the kids. Keziah was excited and nervous. Lincoln was excited!
 
 
 
Before landing in Abbotsford, we had a 3 hour lay-over in Calgary. 3 hours is long, I tell ya!! But we managed to pass the time away.

While I was sweating profusely as I did my best to keep control of my stomach contents as we flew over the Rocky Mountains, this boy conked out and slept the rest of the way.

Although we landed late, we were very pleasantly surprised at the Abbotsford airport by this awesome couple, who welcomed us off the plane. I love surprises and this one was the best! It felt weird though as we had to say good-bye to Ryan and Michelle 15 minutes after seeing them and then didn't see them till 6 days later when we crashed their house for the next weekend. 

It was good to finally crawl into bed after 12 hours of traveling. We found a rental here and are enjoying this cozy beautiful home.

We came out this way so we could catch up with some friends, namely Doug and Karen and Ryan and Michelle. We spent the first Sunday with Doug and Karen, with another night yet planned with them. Oh how we have missed them and it was so nice to sit, chat and relive our old days together. Karen and I thought maybe we'd be able to change history and skunk the guys in Euchre, but yeah, looks like we'll have to try again! Such a great visit and enjoying ourselves so much I forgot about the camera :)

I also have some family out here, so we have been busy catching up with them as well. And in between those visits, the 4 of us have been enjoying some much needed family time, exploring the area and relaxing at home. 

 The first few days were quite rainy and cloudy and so we did some indoor things like Mini-Golf. It was quite the set up, which caused our girl to have to work through some of her fears, but she managed!
 
 
 
 
 
 

We enjoyed dinner at my aunt and uncle's, where Lincoln was smitten by their dog, Trigger.
 

We also have had some quiet times at home, where we stayed in our pajamas most of the day, playing, reading and relaxing.

One night Keziah came out of her bed and said, "I did it!! I pulled my tooth out all by myself!". This is her first tooth, so that's pretty exciting when you are 6.5 years old. She has yet to mention the Tooth Fairy.....she knows about it, but has not said anything about it or put her tooth under her pillow. 

Finally, after 4 days of rain and cloudiness, the forecast was calling for some days of sun! Time to explore!! Which we did.....

2 comments:

  1. How did you like the descent into Calgary on the way back - that's got to be the worst!

    While you were in BC, I was in Ontario ... I even had lunch with your Mom one day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did wonder if I would bump into you in church while we visited the Fraser Valley, but instead you were in Ontario. Fun! Our descent into Calgary actually wasn't bad at all. Going from Calgary to Abbotsford was a lot worse as at one point the plane dropped and then heaved back up quite drastically. Too much for my stomach!

      Delete