Monday, April 25, 2016

April Thus Far....

Thanks for all the comments on my painting! I'll be taking orders in the Fall :o) All kidding aside, I confess I like it too and look forward to another session.

My weeks are flying by. Now that I am at school one full day and two half days as an EA, my days at home are eaten up fairly quickly with visiting people in the church, making meals etc. and taking care of my own household. I do love it though - all this structure. While I loved supply teaching, knowing each week what days I am at school is right up my alley. Makes it easier to plan my weeks.

Here's a little catch-up on some of the happenings the past weeks:

Bear with me as I speak for a moment about the man in my life. I can't help but be proud of the award he received a few weeks ago: Employer of the Year in the region we live in. What a huge honour for him! While he knew he was a finalist with one other company, he honestly did not think he would win it. But win it he did!! What a great way to celebrate 10 years of owning Gelderman Landscape Services. All the honour though does go to our God, who has blessed Nathan very much in his work.

We were excited to dress up for this event

Now that I am working a bit out of the house, everyone needs to pitch in and help. Just kidding - I am just enjoying this age where helping mom is fun yet! Lincoln loves to dust!

Our school community is pretty excited as last week we had the groundbreaking ceremony to officially start the digging for our new school. This has been a long time coming, and we are so thankful to God we have reached this point.
 
 
 
 

One night Nathan and I saw a black garbage bag that had blown into the pond. We had fun convincing the kids that it was a hippo :o)


Lincoln really enjoys to colour and do paperwork. I am so thankful for this - eases my worries a bit with him starting kindergarten in September! His fine motor skills have come a long, looooong ways in the last few months. I think the tongue has something to do with that.......
 
 
 What he was working on....he can print his name as well now....just the 'c' gives him trouble and so it looks like an 'u'

While Lincoln loves to colour, Keziah loves to craft and makes things out of things. This has been gracing my counter the last week or so, and the intention of it looking like a cow's head just is not the first thing that comes to mind every time I walk by it...... :P Those are eyeballs, people! C'mon now.....can't you see the horns?! And the nostrils at the bottom of the orange circle?! But yeah, pretty um, eye-catching, huh?!

Last Saturday, Keziah was at a friend's house and Nathan was working. That left just Lincoln and I so we decided to go for a hike. He is such a great little hiker! We hiked for 1.5 hours!
 
 
 
 
 Can you spot him?! Just look for some fluorescent legs....

All though we are lacking the colour green, I was struck by the beauty of all the different browns. The picture doesn't do it justice, but when I actually took the time to open my eyes and observe my surroundings, it was quite serene and beautiful.

And just a funny to end:

One supper, Lincoln kissed me right on the lips. He then stated lovingly, "We are married now." Lincoln promptly turned to Nathan and said very seriously, "You need to move out to a new house, dad, and find a new wife, 'cause I am married to mom now."

What a clown! Loving it though as I know it can switch in a heart beat and he'll be so embarrassed to show affection. So I am soaking it up as long as I can :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment