Tuesday, June 14, 2016

He's Growing Up!!

A few weeks ago, the little man of this house had a big morning! He was invited to the "big" school for Kindergarten Day.

He was pretty excited. In fact, before 8 in the morning, he was very busy at the table making a picture for his teacher.

Before I dropped him off, I took a few pictures of this handsome-growing-up-too-fast boy of ours:
 
 

Once we got to the school and walked inside, I noticed that I was walking alone down the hall to his classroom. Where did he go?! I looked back and he was waaaay back, frozen to the spot in the middle of the hall, clinging to his picture for his teacher.

With a *lot* of encouraging, he slowly took teeny-tiny steps to his classroom and dared to peek in through the door. His teacher kindly and softly came up to him and he showed her his picture. Once he gave it to her, he then had nothing to cling to - until he found my leg.

We walked in together. So far, from the moment he walked through the school doors to getting into the classroom, he hadn't said a word. He does that often when he is nervous. He won't cry, but he will turn quite red and clench his mouth in a very tight line, just nodding or shaking his head to answer someone's questions.

His teacher pulled out a puzzle for him to work on, which is right up his alley! So he slowly un-clung his little 4.5 year old fingers from my thigh and started to put the puzzle together with her. And I slipped out of the classroom.

So how was *my* heart?! Well, if I didn't think of it too much, I was fine. Actually, having him in preschool two mornings a week also has helped in easing into this transition of sending my baby off to school. It also helps that he LOVES to learn and is very eager.

The other part that is helping with this future step is knowing I will be busy in September! I was hired to teach Gr. 3 part-time! I am pretty pumped for that!!  That also means that some days I'll be at school with both my kids, some days I will be there with Kez, and Lincoln will be with a sitter, some days I will be home with Lincoln, and some days I'll be home by myself.

Catch that all?!

Mondays - teach all day, Lincoln will be at a sitter's

Tuesdays - teach all day, Lincoln and Keziah both at school with me

Wednesdays - teach only the mornings, every other Wednesday Lincoln has school all day so that means I am home alone on those afternoons. The other Wednesday mornings he'll be at a sitter, and then home with me in the afternoons

Thursdays - no school for Lincoln or I!

Fridays - school for Lincoln and Keziah, I am home (what better day to have by myself than a Friday?!)

But that's all for September. We are in June. Let's not get ahead of ourselves. Knowing that my time with my boy is going to slowly get smaller and smaller, I shall enjoy his presence as much as I can!
 



No comments:

Post a Comment