Monday, October 7, 2013

Quiet


Here we are, in the midst of the glorious season of Fall. The colours that are on display right now is just breath-taking. In my Bible Study, we were just studying up on the two ways that God reveals Himself to us. It is through creation and His Word. We focus a lot on His Word, as it should be. It is a place where He speaks to us. But He also speaks to us through His creation. And boy, is He ever speaking loudly right now!! He is showing to us that not only has He created this world, He is maintaining it as well. We can see that in the colours of the leaves, the way the squirrels are busy scurrying around, and how even the tiny mice are looking for warmer places to live (so far they haven't found that luxury in my home!). The birds are starting to fly south, the grass has almost stopped growing, the crops are ready to be harvested, and the nights are getting longer.

See? So many ways in which He is revealing His power and authority to us. May we continue to marvel at what He is showing to us through nature.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This blog is a year old, as of October 11. I cannot believe a year has gone by since I've started!!

Knowing this date was coming up, it has brought me many reflective moments; time in which I have spent thinking as to whether to continue blogging or not. I spent a lot of September thinking about this, evaluating my blog, especially my motives. I've been giving a lot of thought as to its purpose.

I have come to the conclusion that my blog actually doesn't have a purpose! So really, why am I doing this then? I believe that a ministry blog, medical blog or a recipe blog has definite purpose. This blog is none of those. I am no ministry "gal", and although I love to bake and cook, the recipes I use are not mine to share. And as for the medical blog, well, as you know, I already have one of those.

So that leaves this blog. What is my intent? My aspiration? What is its function and objective?! Yes, I love to write and take pictures. And I have always done this without blogging. I write every day in a journal for both of my kids, of the activities we did that day etc. etc.; I also love to put pictures into photo albums, so it's not like this is the only place I put my pictures. Because I do all this, I can't even say my blog helps me to document what we do.

And so, seeing as I cannot come up with any good answers for these questions, I have and will continue to take some time to ponder my intentions for a few more days or so. And if I still cannot come up with a reasonable answer for its direction, then I have no qualms to stop blogging.

And that is why my blog has been fairly quiet over the last number of weeks and may be quiet for a few weeks.


5 comments:

  1. maybe you blog just so we can enjoy reading about your family :) kinda like a letter to friends and family... except you get to update us all at once. i would say that's about the only purpose to my blog... which is maybe why i've grown a bit sporadic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My only comment is this: I will really miss you if you quit!!! (is that motivation enough?!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My thoughts...you have been given a gift (many in fact:) and you are using it! Thank you, as we all get to benefit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Michelle,

    I quite enjoy reading your blog. You mentioned that you don't think this is a spiritual blog, but I think it can be. I find myself inspired by your postings and I love how in quite a few posts you mention our Creator. It doesn't have to be theological to be spiritual.

    It is a nice way of letting family and friends across the country have a peek into your lives :).

    Jen

    ReplyDelete