Friday, February 14, 2014

Unpinning My Pins - Pin #2

It has been a busy week since my last post, as we were able to skip out of town for 6 days to enjoy Winterlude up in Ottawa. More about that later, but first things first, my commitment to making a heart-shaped cake for Valentine's Day.

We aren't big on Valentine's Day as yet again it is so over-commercialized. Besides, "love" is also so misunderstood nowadays, a term that is so overused and misconstrued. I could go on about that but not now. Maybe another time.

While we aren't big on it, I still wanted to make the day a wee bit special and so I made the cake. As you will see, the end result will look nothing like the picture (here's the link: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/251709066647891520/), but that is because I did not want to make a chocolate cake (yes, I am feeling okay :o). I made a carrot cake instead, with pink cream cheese frosting. Here are the pictures:



All baked and cooling:

I baked it yesterday and then assembled it today:



Time for pink cream cheese frosting, using red food colouring!


Well, look at that - it *does* look like a heart. Yay!! Time to decorate it with whatever you find in the house:

And there you have it. Nathan was impressed. And so was the young man in the house - after digging his fingers in it once when mommy wasn't looking, he was finally allowed to eat it :o)

And with that, this pin can now be checked off as "done" :o). Next week, I am committing to this one: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/251709066643116771/. It's a good thing too yet - seeing as what I made this week. ;o) I commit to doing this 5 times next week. There may or may not be any pictures......

No comments:

Post a Comment