Thursday, January 3, 2013

Christmas and Boxing Day

I have some catching up to do! Christmas and Boxing Day are over a week ago, but with being down and out with the cold/cough for a good two weeks, I am a bit behind not only in my sleep but also in my posts. Thankfully, this cough has pretty well clued in that it is not welcome and so it is packing up and getting ready to leave our home. And hopefully will stay out.

We spent Christmas Day with Nathan's side of the family (for my side, we have yet to get together, which will happen on Saturday for a dinner and two weeks from now for gift exchange). Most of his siblings were able to make it except for his brother and his family due to them getting hit with the flu bug the night before. So that was too bad. But with 8 adults and 11 kids still there, it was still pretty busy and full of chaos organized noise.

After dinner, out came the shuffleboard. We love shuffleboard! And it can cause a pretty healthy competition amongst the family members (by the way, who again had the highest score? Oh yes, I forgot. It was me :o). And we start them young! Below Uncle John is teaching Keziah how to play:

I really shouldn't take all the credit for getting the highest score. My niece, Syvannah, should get an assist because if it wasn't for her, I wouldn't have been able to play in the first place! Between her and her sister Takara, they looked after Lincoln, who kept them busy as he likes to touch all of Oma's dust collectors trinkets, as well as attempt the stairs. Thank you, Syvannah and Takara!!

On Boxing Day we opened up our stockings. We actually didn't do "real" gifts for the kids this year. They get absolutely spoiled by my parents, Nathan's parents as well as their birthparents, so they really don't need more stuff. So we have decided that for now, we will just do stockings and keep it simple.

Our stockings hung from our curtain rod. It looked nice....

....and it was fun watching daddy try to get them down, which included taking the curtain rod apart (and yes, he put the curtain rod back together and up. He's a good man, I tell ya!!!).

What's in them??

Can you tell she knew her chocolates were being threatened? :o)

So Lincoln received 2 DVDs and 2 new sippy cups. Keziah received a new apron, a flashlight, two hairbands, some Blurp (squishy stuff) and a small bag of Cadbury eggs.

Modelling her new appron:

I must say, celebrating Christmas with family has become a whole lot easier now that we have our own children. I think of those people where Christmas time may be difficult. May God care for them and give them what they need.

No comments:

Post a Comment