Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Lincoln's Birthday Pictures

Although Lincoln's birthday was over a week ago, I haven't posted much about his actual day. I better do that or before I know it he'll be TWO!!!

We started gearing up for his birthday by baking him a cake and some cupcakes. I found the monkey cake on Pinterest and thought I'd give it a try. Surprise, surprise, it actually turned out. The reason why it turned out was probably because of my assistant in the kitchen. I am pretty sure if this cake wasn't inspected every step of the way with her flashlight, the whole thing would have been a flop :o)

(I knew her apron would come in handy while working in the kitchen, but didn't realize the flashlight would also be a necessity!)

Tada!! The finished product. Keziah decorated the cupcakes all by herself!

Keziah also drew a picture of her brother in his birthday card :o)

We actually didn't do a birthday party for him per se. My parents came one night, his friend Jasper came over at one point, and Nathan's parents came over on his actual birthday. It probably is a good thing not too many were there to sing "Happy Birthday" to him as he did not really enjoy that at all. He was very close to tears :o(

But he couldn't get his hands on that cake fast enough!!

I think he likes cake. What do you think?

Enjoying some time with the Opas and Omas

His fingers were always tasty to him, but now covered in chocolate? Well, that is just divine!

Good thing he ate all the chocolate as a few days later he was at the doctor's office for his 1 year check-up. If he hadn't eaten all that cake, he would have lost even more weight than he has since his 10 month check up. But really, he only lost about 5 ounces, which equals to about 1/2 a roll on his thighs :o). He now weighs 22 lbs 8 ounces. He did grow an inch as well. So he is leaning out. It's also all the moving around he does. He isn't walking yet, but has taken a step here or there before chickening out. He is walking around and behind everything. He definitely keeps me on my toes a lot more than Keziah ever did!! But it's a good thing! He is one happy, peristent, cheerful, stubborn boy who we all love so dearly. We pray that God will allow us another year of enjoyment with him.

1 comment:

  1. Cute cake! Happy birthday Lincoln, I love your tractor!

    ReplyDelete