Thursday, January 24, 2013

Helder Helpers

It's a wonder that I start my housecleaning on Monday but don't get done until Friday (if I am lucky). I mean, it's not like I am doing it all by myself. I do have two very considerate, cooperative, supportive, and friendly little helpers that like to help me every. step. of. the. way. even if they are in my way.

We'll start with Keziah. Keziah has always loved to help me out in all my tasks. If only she would have the same enthusiasm for her own tasks, like cleaning up her toys. Oh well. Can't have perfection, right? ;o)

Dusting. She LOVES to dust. Her job is to dust after me (that way I know it's still getting done :o).

She also likes to find other things to dust, like my bed wheels. I bet you haven't dusted your bed wheels in awhile, if at all!! But mine, they are all squeaky clean, thanks to this girl :o)

After dusting comes vacuuming.

Even with a smile!!

Her latest "I can help you with that, mom." is drying the dishes.

How could I say no to her?

Now, onto my second helper, Lincoln. He helps me without asking. I don't even think he realizes he is "helping". To him, it's all just an adventure!

Like, being allowed to move my chairs. I take this as a hint to vacuum under the table. He, on the otherhand, just does it because our kitchen is big, which gives him lots of ideas on furniture rearranging. Either way, he's a stinker and my chairs are very rarely by the table.

One of his favourite things to do is "help" me with the dishwasher.

And he has just figured out how to close the fridge door, which "helps" me when my hands are full. You wouldn' think that's a big deal, except it is hilarious to watch! You see, the fridge part is on top, with the freezer below. And because he is taller than the bottom of the door, he has to duck his head or else it'll bonk him on the head. I took a video of it, but I don't know how to upload a video on to the blog (help, anyone?). So you'll have to do with pictures. Maybe move your mouse or arrow key down really fast, and you'll get the idea :o)

And that is why my house is always presentable by Sunday. Cough, cough.

No, I do not show you these pictures to brag about how helpful my children are. I am documenting them for future use, when they decide that they are no longer going to help around the house and especially not with a smile plastered on their faces. But until then, they can help out all they want! Besides, giving them responsibilities helps not only me, but also them, to see that they belong in our family, and as part of a family unit, we help each other out.

Now off to scrub some toilet bowls while my two helpers are sleeping (see? I am not a tyrant afterall, insisting on child labour! There are some tasks that are just best for me to do without little hands getting in the way.) Happy cleaning!!

No comments:

Post a Comment