Thursday, February 21, 2013

C-c-c-c-cold!!!

It sure has been cold lately! But thankfully with the cold weather, the sun is shining! I love the sun shining on the white snow. It lifts my spirits and gets rid of the winter blahs. But the sun doesn't shine every day, which means I need to look for some other ways for myself and the kids to enjoy this season of Winter. Here are a few ideas, ideas that are doable if you are so inclined :o)

Window-wash with Snow is an idea! And not only do your windows get cleaned......it provides entertainment for others!


"Hey!! Where are you going??"


This fun activity I did every year (that there was snow) with my students. They LOVED it and so I figured Keziah would too. And she did!! This activity needs squirt bottles, water, dish soap and paint. This time I used food colouring, which I don't really recommend. Keziah has a dark snow suit, so I didn't mind. But normally I prefer paint. Either way, she had a great time painting the snow! (I usually stay away from using yellow.....Even the red gives off an odd look as it may look like blood.)




We've had a few days where the wind was just too cold to go outside. So instead of making a snowman outside, we made one inside,  using construction paper, glue and mini marshmellows.

There you have it, some fun and simple winter activities to do to get you through the next 28 days of winter :o)

1 comment:

  1. So cute! We do this with cotton balls, but I'll have to try marshmallows! I love her "oops-I-got-caught-eating-one" expression. :)

    ReplyDelete