Monday, February 18, 2013

Mexico - Pictures

Things are settling in nicely back into routine here at home. It helped that my sister-in-law also likes routine and structure and so the kids were kept on the same schedule as if at home. This sure made things go fairly smooth once back home. Thanks, Laura!! :o)  Even though I was expecting reality to be rough, I still ended up in tears by the time Thursday was over. But thankfully since then it's all been going well. I expected the transition back home to take a little longer which is why I didn't make any silly resolutions down in Mexico, like "I will be more patient with my kids." and "I will always treat them the way God wants me to treat them, and be the mother that I am supposed to be." It's so easy to make those kind of statements when they aren't around you! However, being away from your kids sure makes you appreciate them more!! I love these two little blessings so much it is hard to describe! Now before I get all blubbery on you I better start posting some pictures of what we enjoyed so much.

This was the first time in Mexico for us together (I was there with my family when I was 13). We flew into Cancun, and drove 20 minutes to our resort, the Valentin Imperial Maya. Beautiful. Just beautiful. The rooms were nice, the food was good, the resort was nicely maintained, the beach was white, the ocean was turquoise. And although we have no control over it, we had 8 straight sun-filled days of 27, 28 and 29 degree temperature!! No complaints here!

Let's start with the grounds/buildings and our rooom. It is a large resort, but walkable:

Our room was very nice. Our bathroom was HUGE!! When I was showing Keziah the pictures, she thought the bathroom was our kitchen :o)

This was one thing I didn't want to see on my trip to an all-inclusive resort, like eat and drink as much as you want!!:
I guess that's one way in how the resort makes money. It tempts their patrons to step on the scale to keep their eating in check, which in the end, saves the resort money on food. HA! Didn't work for us!!!!

Throughout the resort, you will bump into many of these:

There were 7 or 8 restuarants at this resort: Indonisian, Italian, French, Japenese, Mexican, Steak and Seafood. Our favourites were definitely the Indonesian and Japenese. But overall, the food was a.maz.ing. The first picture is where we always ate breakfast, with someone always playing the saxophone. It was such a nice atmosphere!

The pool and beach were very nice!! We spent most of the time at the pool, where we played lots of pool volleyball, read our books, as well as chatted it up with others who were vacationing.



Below, those were reserved for those who had upgraded. There were actually name plaques on them!

And the beach was oh so nice as well!

These beds were also all lined up at the beach.....for those in that elite upgraded group. Pffft to them :o)

Good thing these hammocks were for anybody and everybody! What a way to relax (if you like them. Not me....I get motion sickness)

On our last day, the waves were pretty good. So my 3rd child went out and frolicked before having to pack up and head out to the airport to go back home.

And that is it!! We had such a good time! We are very thankful that we were able to go and enjoy some time together. After 14.5 years of marriage, it is such a blessing to say that spending 8 straight days with my best friend is one of my favourite things to do in the world!

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful place! Would you go back there? Makes me excited for our trip next week! Love your dress too.:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we would go back. If we don't it's not because we didn't like it but because we'd like to try out a different place. We heard that the place beside it was also really good, the El Dorado. I would recommend this place to anyone. And thanks about the dress!! It's amazing what you can find secondhand, seeing as I couldn't find a dress like yours that you bought (which I would have asked to borrow if we lived closer :o).
      You'll have a GREAT time next week!! I hope to call you before you leave!

      Delete
  2. Looks like a great vacation, and I love your dress too! We went to the El Dorado 7 years ago - that was also a great resort. Oh, and we had a scale too (this year) - what's up with that? We don't even have a scale at home!

    ReplyDelete