Wednesday, July 31, 2013

July Learnings

31 days in a month = a lot of learnings.

Lincoln is learning to garden. Unsupervised.

I learned that the size of the crown doesn't need to be large in order for a little girl to feel like a princess.

Lincoln learned what a time-out was all about (breaks my heart......punishing is so not fun!)

I learned how to work the BBQ. Not too bad for my first time!!

Lincoln has learned how to hang onto the edge of the pool and just lay in the water. My heart goes into my throat every time, but here he is, laughing away:

I learned that Lincoln absolutely LOVES mac'n'cheese.....
....and Keziah absolutely does not!

I learned that if it's a rainy day and the kids can't go outside to play, give them a flashlight, which will occupy them for quite some time.

They also learned to have indoor picnics, all orchestrated by the big sister.

I had a tough lesson this month: I learned that I am allergic to poison ivy. Wow. Mosquito bites are nothing compared to the itch of a poison ivy rash. And I didn't even have a bad case of it!

The kids learned not to bother mom when she is on kijiji. It usually means she is finding great deals for them!!

We learned that you can make any campsite look homey. Somewhat. (we have never been on such a crummy campsite as we were on this time).

Nathan and I learned that a little mold under the sink usually means a lot of mold under the sink and other cupboards. Thankfully, it is all gone now.

Keziah learned how to do a cannonball off the diving board, thanks to her daddy.

In the last weeks, Lincoln has learned to play very well with his cars and trucks. With intense concentration, he lines them all up. Once they are all lined up, he takes them one by one and lines them all up on another surface. This will keep him busy for quite some time.

Speaking of cars, Lincoln learned what it was like to sit in a race car! Talk about living a boy's dream! Too bad he won't remember.

Keziah learned that having the company's summer BBQ at our place means bouncy castles and snow cones!

We learned what it was like to be chauffeurs parents to teenagers for a few days. It was a lot of fun! And we learned we had enough outlets for all the electronic stuff that came with them!

I learned that sitting on the back of a motorbike, biking through the countryside with fresh cut hay in the fields, is still one of the best ways to celebrate an anniversary. That is, until I get my own bike :o) Then that will be the best way!!

I do believe the biggest thing we learned though this month was how powerful our God is. Like someone has pointed out, we were reminded again how we wouldn't stand a chance if we were to see the full extent of this power. But we don't only see his power in the destruction, but also in the beauty of His creation. This month, it was the beauty of the sky, where one minute it can be absolutely blue with white puffy clouds and the next minute, the same sky is filled with clouds that look like boiling water.
And with that, the month is over.

I can't imagine what else there is to learn. But hopefully this boy learns how to come off the top of the playground by himself (he's scared of the slide now, so he just sits there and waits till I come and get him).


1 comment:

  1. I love how Nathan fits right in there with them. Cute pic. :) And that was a lighter schedule than usual - Joel didn't have soccer and I told Leah no extra work shifts those days or you would have been driving back and forth more. A glimpse of your future, eh! :) They had a great time too.

    ReplyDelete