Friday, November 8, 2013

On the Lighter Side

Well, after a couple of heavy posts, I thought we could all use a break. I have the next Adoption post almost ready (What Adoption has taught us about Birth Parents), and I'll post it next week.

But for now, something on the lighter side to give our emotions a break.

When I started this blog a year ago, I ended every month with pictures of what we learned that month. I enjoyed this and it often made me laugh.

But after a year of this, I figured it was time for a change. So what I hope to do now is this. I hope to pick a picture or two at the end of each week that falls under the following categories, not necessarily in this order: Pretty, Happy, Funny, Real, Love and Thankful, or otherwise known as P.H.F.R.L.T. By doing this, I hope to focus a bit more on the things around me, snapping pictures, enjoying each day. Especially through the winter, where I can find it difficult with the long dark days.

So, here we go. First off,

Pretty

The one thing I do look forward to in winter are the sunsets. I find they can be much more beautiful than the sunsets of summer.
Happy

Our oldest nephew came for a few days. And what fun he had with the kids! All three were very happy to spend some time together!


Thankful (see? changed the order already :o)

We are so thankful that despite all she's been through (especially with so many procedures done on her face), her first visit to the dentist went amazing!!



Real

Reality is though, we need to do a bit of a better job brushing her teeth. She had two tiny cavities. She handled that well, too! "Mom, my cheek is asleep!"


Funny

This is how Lincoln plugs his ears whenever I use my blender :o)

Love

Kisses for his big sister.

I hope you all had a pretty, happy, real, funny, thankful and lovely week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment