Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Just Some Random Thoughts.....

I thought I would share some of my thoughts that have been circling in my head for the last little while. I know, you feel privileged, don't you? ;) These thoughts range from very serious to random little tidbits that I just feel like sharing. Some also require answers, while others are just questions that most likely don't have an answer. But if you do have an answer, feel free to enlighten me!!

As of today, the police are upping it with the fines for distracted drivers, from $150 to $220 or something like that. The goal is for this fine to actually be $1000 and 3 demerit points. My question is this: does this mean I can no longer drive with my children in the same vehicle as me? Joking. These fines are focussed on texting and talking on cell phone while driving, but believe me, dealing with screaming (with laughter of course) kids, passing out snacks, water cups, turning on the kids' music, to reaching for that toy sure makes me a number one candidate for being a distracted driver!!

~ ~~ ~
The other morning, I decided to tackle the escarpment stairs. I used to do them all the time, but it's been almost a year since I've climbed all 300 steps. Boy, am I feeling it today!! I was a little confused as to why my upper body was so sore, but then I remembered that the third time up, the only way to get all the way to the top was to haul myself up, using the railings.

~ ~ ~
Last week, I got a glimpse into my daughter's life a little bit. She had asked me to open something up for her. I tried and tried and it would not budge. I told her I don't think I was going to be able to open it. She looked at me and stated very plainly: You can do it. You just have to try harder. Hmmmm. I wonder where she's heard that before?! And you know what? Was I ever annoyed when she said it because I *was* trying hard!! Ah, kids. They teach you so much. I shall now remember this for the next time she is trying to do something and it's not quite working.

~ ~ ~
Despite being always so excited to get the mail, I now refuse to go. I do believe a Kindergarten Registration Form is coming. I figure if I don't pick up the mail, I won't get it.

~ ~ ~
This morning we went to Sick Kids for Keziah to have her drain removed. I went with her to get put out. As she was coming to, she kept crying out "Mommy!". While this term can be overused by about 253 times in my day, boy did it ever feel pretty good that she was wanting me, calling out and looking for comfort in me. Never thought I'd hear that term for many years.

~ ~ ~
Am I missing something here with yogurt cartons or does everyone's look like this, trying to get at it?

~ ~ ~
Why does someone else's difficult circumstances bring me thankfulness about mine? When am I going to learn to be always thankful, not needing someone else's situation to reinforce that? How would I feel knowing that *my* situation (whatever that may be) makes others feel glad about theirs?

~ ~ ~
Anyone else have a hard time continuing on in day to day activities when you know someone (or lots of someones) is struggling with a great loss? This is when I feel guilty for even blogging, when I know others right now are hurting so bad, others that are in my community, greater community and/or those abroad. It just sometimes feel so cold and callous to enjoy things when you know others are suffering and in pain

~ ~ ~
Keziah asked me this question yesterday, on the way to the hospital:
"Mom, I know there was a mommy and daddy dog on the ark, but which dog was it? There are so many different kinds of dogs!"

Hmmmmm. Maybe I *will* get the mail and fill out that Registration Form so that she goes to school. Then I can say "Go ask your teacher." :o)

Have a good day!!

4 comments:

  1. Interesting post Michelle!
    Just a comment about the yogurt containers. I always take the cardboard off immediately when I get home (before putting it in the fridge) and it makes things very easy!
    Liked the lesson about "trying harder" too:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, but *how* do you get the yogurt out of the cardboard box without ripping it? Or is that the only way?

      Delete
    2. I always slip my fingers into the sides and lift up the tabs that are holding the containers in place. Voila! They slide out easily.
      Jeanette

      Delete
  2. I never rip it:) Just slide em out . Karter often does it for me in the grocery store before I even get home . . . except he did it with the fruit cups . . so I had to hand a wrapper and four fruit cups to the cashier. Fun stuff.

    ReplyDelete