Saturday, March 1, 2014

Home!

Well, we are home now. My poor mom. Because it was going to be a noisy day of renos at home last Monday, she kindly let us come over for the day so Lincoln could get in a peaceful nap. I wonder if she would have changed her mind if she knew that a one day visit actually turned into a 6 day stay!!!

You would think I would at least have a picture of her with her grandkids. We were there for almost a week after all, but alas, I do not. I DO have a picture of what the kids drew for her as a thank you:

Keziah printed the words on the left by herself. On the right, I printed what she was thankful for: oma's peaches, whipping cream and maple walnut ice cream :o)

Lincoln also was very thankful - for the many little boxes of Smarties that Oma always seems to have.
 
While being at my mom's, I found something out about my husband that I did not know. He LOVES to do puzzles! He spent many hours at night, working on a puzzle my mom had out. It's amazing - been with him for many years and I am still finding things out about my best friend.
 
You never know how moving back home will go, especially after having been out for let's see, 17.5 years or so, but I must say, the week went quite well! It was really nice to see my children interacting with their grandmother. Oma means a lot to them and they also know they mean a lot to Oma. We are very thankful for her. Thanks so much, Mom!! (thanks, dad, for being gone this week snowmobiling - that left room for us :o)
 
We are home now and will be for a few nights. And then off we go on Tuesday for Keziah's surgery, which will keep us in the hospital for 2-3 days. By next weekend, most of our renos will be finished and so by the time we come out of the hospital, we should have our bedroom and bathroom back. We sure look forward to that!
 
Due to how busy next week will be with the hospital stay and then recovery at home for our darling girl, I have put my Unpinning on hold for a week or so. All my motivation and commitment will be towards helping her as well as not to miss my little man too much while he gets to stay at his other oma and opa's.
 
But for now, we are very excited to be back home. But being home isn't the only exciting thing around here. Have you noticed?! February has come and gone! It is now March!! Yay!!
 
P.S. Aren't you impressed that I haven't mentioned the weather once this post? I think that's the first time in quite awhile! I mean, I could have talked about it, seeing as we just experienced another very cold week, like -25. I also drove through a snow squall Tuesday night, but  hey, I figured it would be best that for once, I wouldn't blog about it. ;o)


No comments:

Post a Comment