Wednesday, April 3, 2013

March Learnings

Are you ready for an onslaught of pictures? March was a loooooong month, which left lots of time to learn!

The biggest accomplishment by far was that about 10 days into this month, someone was walking!!

We may or may not have bribed him with food :o)

Someone learned what a Timbit tastes like. Speaking of food. This boy eats a tonne!! We have decided to start a grocery fund instead of a college fund for him.

I learned that I will never, ever tire of watching my husband and my daughter together.

Now that Lincoln is walking, I don't hear his hands smacking against the floor. And so he has learned to sneak up on me quietly and quickly, scaring me half the time. This kid is a s.t.i.n.k.e.r.!!!

Keziah learned to do her own zipper!


I learned that taking a picture of my opened pantry shows evidence that I shop mostly no name brand, hence all the yellow in my cupboards!

Someone learned that waiting for brownies to cool can take a very. long. time.

Nathan and I now have to spell certain words or else the boy will understand and head straight for it, like b-a-t-h, e-a-t and b-e-d. We also found out that we can't even talk about our plans of leaving to go somewhere. If we do, Lincoln disappears and will come back with the following:
Now that he knows how to get them, he has started his first chore: putting them away when we get home.

I thought girls can be expensive with all their accessories and girly stuff, but I found out over the last 7 months that boys can be very expensive as well!

I learned that the pink hat and sunglasses were not actually bought just for me for my birthday. This is what came walking into my kitchen the other day! Roll out the red carpet!!!

We all learned that our tough brave boy is not always so tough and brave:

Nathan learned that this is what he looks like in his daughter's eyes (boy, was I relieved that was daddy and not mommy!!!):

I learned the tough lesson that just because we were dressed like this last March.....
...doesn't mean every March will be that warm!!

I also learned another lesson, one that was slightly emabarrassing, and that is that Oreo crumbs go rancid if left in the cupboard too long!! Good thing my friends have tact and were able to tell me nicely while trying to eat the Toblerone Mousse Cheesecake I had made for them for my birthday :o)

Looks like it was a month of more tough lessons for me. This time it was the lesson that it most likely won't be the kids who ruin the furniture around here. No. Leave it to me and my laundry basket, which left a nice, big, loooong scratch on our new table. Sigh. The first scratch always hurts the most....

Both Nathan and I learned that at the first sign of a cold, put some drops of this "yummy" stuff under our tongues and tada.....the cold goes away!! If you think Buckley's tastes awful, well then, after taking this stuff you'll think Buckley's is dessert!!!

Another lesson Nathan and I learned; that it doesn't matter how long you are married, it never hurts to brush up on our marriage, which we did by participating in this course set up by our church. Fan.tas.tic!!!

Much to this child's excitement and to her mother's hurtful ears, she has learned to whistle!! Next step? To learn to whistle more than one note!

Another lesson learned was that to take a picture of this stinkerbutt is getting way too tricky as he just won't sit still for a second!

Once I got a picture of the two of them, I learned that my heart can beat super fast!!

And finally, the other day, Keziah discovered something about Dora and her......can you guess???!

2 comments:

  1. Great update. I think I will go throw my Oreo crumbs away right now since I can't even remember the last time I used them!
    I also completely understand the difficulty in getting pictures of Lincoln. Somehow their ability to walk and my ability to get a picture that is not a blur or not of a hand grabbing my lens coincide!
    Although I have not entered the ruined jeans stage yet with Karter, I do remember it well with my other kids . . . and with some of them the stage lasted VERY LONG . . . like as in years!!
    Keziah looks fabulous in the pink hat and sunglasses. Nice that you are willing to share:)
    And . . . the whistle. My almost 9 year old leaned to whistle (if you can call it that) about a month ago and it is a VERY constant sound around here . . .from dawn to dusk. I wonder if he drives his teacher crazy or if he does indeed know how to turn it off!
    I think that is the end of my LONG comment . . .there were just so many pictures that begged me to speak to them:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yes, throw those crumbs away! It was so g.r.o.s.s!!

      I am thinking the "hole in the knee" stage is going to last long as well....he is a boy and so he is always on his knees pushing his cars and trucks around.

      He probably does drive the teacher crazy! I remember when my students learned to snap their fingers. Pretty cool at first but then it gets old. Real fast :o)

      Delete