Tuesday, April 30, 2013

April's Learnings

Well, this month proved to be quite the month in the news. Between the bombings, blow up in Texas and the terrible building collapse in Bangledash (as well as all the other depressing events that are happening around the world), it was definitely a month to remember.

In a much different focus, we also covered the difficult topic of infertility. I do believe that now it is time to show a lighter side of the month before we get too weighed down.

I didn't think we learned a whole lot this month, but by the time I was done going through my pictures, I had quite a bit. I am sure you don't mind, especially seeing the last number of posts have been void of them. So here we go:

Someone is learning to play this wonderful instrument, in the hopes to take over his daddy's job on Sundays:

Unfortunately, he is having a hard time learning that when daddy needs to practice for Sunday, he's not allowed in there:

Keziah loves the smell of Strawberry Shortcake (I may or may not as well....). She learned a way so that she would be able to always smell it, by pinning on one of the nice smelling clothes to her nose:

I knew Lincoln loved food, but this was a first. I learned that he (and Kez) both love deer meat!

I learned that with a boy, a haircut is necessary more often than a girl.

Keziah is learning to be quite the little mother. She wakes her baby up every morning and feeds her:

Lincoln is learning to pull his weight around here in chores....this time the weight is his diapers that belong in the garage:

I have learned that if I can't find Lincoln, 9 times out of 10 I will find him here, in the bath tub (better that than the toilet!!)

I am also learning that making supper the last few years with one child was actually quite easy. Now that there are two eager beavers, supper preperation now starts at 3:30 instead of 4.

I learned the hard way that a child who sneezes with a mouth full of oatmeal, will end up with an empty mouth....with the oatmeal all over the one who's feeding him. The picture doesn't capture it all, but it was everywhere: in my hair, on my face, all on my sweater and pants. Lovely.
Ho hum, another lesson for me. Although it said April 20th on the calendar, this does not mean we won't wake up to snow:

But thankfully it didn't last long and there have been some  nice sunny days in this month! Which was perfect for this little girl to learn how to ride a scooter....

....and a regular bike with training wheels. No more tricycles for this one!

We did have some down days, as both Keziah and Lincoln had the flu. Lincoln had it worse, where he couldn't keep anything in for awhile. Keziah thankfully was able to keep things down, except for her fever. So for about 5 days I think between the two of them they had a banana, 3 crackers, and some applesauce. Lots of cuddling happening in those days! Poor Lincoln....I learned it does not take much for him to look sickly:

And poor Keziah, who could not get enough snuggles. I learned that I also could not get enough, either!

And I learned how relieving it is to see your children eating again!

But I do think one of the funniest things learned this month was that Lincoln can now do a thumbs up. Every time he hears the words "Good job!!!", up goes his thumb. It looks hilarious!!! It sure provided lots of laughter in this home!

There you have it.....a post full of "learning" pictures for the month of April. We are thankful for another month that could be enjoyed. We are looking forward to May, as the weather turns warmer, praying for God's safety and guidance. May will also be a month of returned nervousness and anxiety for us as we head back to Sick Kids with Keziah, to plan out the next steps in removal. But I will write about all this on her blog, which you can find at the top of this blog, under that tab called "Keziah's Journey".

No comments:

Post a Comment