Friday, January 10, 2014

P.H.R.T.F.L.

Wow - 4 posts in one week!!!! That must be a record! But here we are, at the end of a week. It's Friday, we made it! Yay!! It was a long week with Nathan being gone and it being oh so frigid outside.

But I must say, I am proud of myself! Why?! Well, I am still sane. I only left the house once this week, and that was to go to the hospital with Keziah. That's it. Once!! And the fact that my family is still intact, as well as my mind, well, that is something to be thankful for. I have come a loooong way from a few years ago. Being home two days in a row would have sent me to the edge. Being home two days in a row without any adult interaction would have made me whimpering for anyone to talk to me, anyone taller than 3 feet and with a vocabulary larger than, "Mom, where are you?". 

But, by the grace of God, we survived 4 days home without much adult communication at all and the icing on the cake is we are still happy. I did use you, my readers, though to fill that void of adult conversation - hence the 4 posts in one week. Yup, I have been using this blog to interact with someone, anyone out there. Thanks for 'listening' while I chatted away about stuff, stuff of some importance and others of not much relevance. While I didn't hear much from you, other than a comment here and there, no worries. It really isn't much different than communicating with my hubby - me yakking his ear off about anything and everything and him listening with glazed eyes, a quiet "uh-uh" and "hmmm" politely placed in the 2.5 seconds of silence in between my gabbing.

With it being Friday, that means it is P.H.R.T.F. L. time! It has been almost a month since my weekly, or obviously not so weekly, Pretty, Happy, Real, Thankful, Funny and Love installment. So here it is:

Pretty:
Seeing a splash of red just outside my window.

Happy:
Daddy's home!!! This meant for some very happy kids!! Yes, I was happy too but I didn't think you needed to see a picture of that. Wouldn't want to make you blush or anything....:o)

Thankful:
So thankful for our warm house that we have been blessed with, especially when the outside temperatures dipped to - 40ish degrees Celsius.
 
Real:
What my family room can look like on any given day, which our computer guy found out. Sigh. Oh well, it's reality - something that cannot be avoided with a 4 and 2 year old that love books. 
 
Funny:
I took down the Christmas tree this week, and I noticed there were a whole lot more decorations on the tree than I put on. Ah, darling Keziah, who felt the following items were necessary to make the tree that much more beautiful: 3 turquoise shaving cream lids, a musical instrument, wrappings from gifts, a hair clip attached to the red ornament, a bracelet attached with some ribbon, her purple necklace, her Herman (orange googly-eyed finger puppet), and at the bottom of the picture you will see 2 rope handles that were broken off from a gift bag.

Another funny: Nathan was going to come home sometime in the afternoon, so while we rested on the couch, Keziah felt the need to wear her ear muffs so she wouldn't wake up when he came in the door. :o)

Love:
Grandchildren may be great for the grandparents, and vice versa, but it is also 'grand' for us, the middle generation, to witness the interactions between the older and the younger generations.

Bet you've never seen a more fierce tiger than this one below!!! I just love this picture of him :o)

I love it that Keziah is really learning how to use a pencil. She drew this picture in Lincoln's birthday card, a picture of her and Lincoln holding hands. Talk about melt my heart!!! She knows how to print her name and in his card, she copied his name from off a paper. Sob - she is growing up! How can you love and hate this fact at the same time?!

(oops, posted the picture before flipping it. Sorry!)
 
I hope all of you stayed warm earlier this week! Thankfully we have a warm weekend coming up - warm enough to break out the shorts and flip flops as it'll be above 0!!



2 comments:

  1. beautiful bird!!Wow!
    Love Keziah's drawing, good job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your posts! Thank you for sharing! Love the pictures! You never fail in putting a smile on my face and in my heart with your writings/sense of humor. Thank you! Dianne

    ReplyDelete