Thursday, January 9, 2014

Two!!

In between hospital visits and snow/ice storms, my baby turned 2. Sigh.

But don't mis-read that sigh. While I sigh due to the fact that I truly no longer have a baby, I also sigh with a smile on my face. Why? Because this boy is so. much. fun!!!! He is fun in his actions, and now that he talks, my, how we howl!

And talk he does, with  "I do it!" and "I got it" being the top two sentences. His top words that he says at least 136 times a day are "Cars", Trucks", "Zah!!" (Keziah), "lunch?", "supper?". I counted how many words he has in is vocabulary just before he turned two and it was well over 100. Oh dear. Another chatterbox :o)


Here are some pictures of his actual birthday. Please don't laugh at his cake - there's a reason why there is no "Pin It" to Pinterest on it :o) But hey, he didn't care what it looked like. Actually, I should re-word that. He DID care about the cars/truck on his cake, not too impressed with that, seeing as that is not where his cars/trucks belong.

Opening up gifts first thing in the morning:


My sister and her boys came to help celebrate. That meant cake time!!!  He had polished off his first piece even before I had finished serving everyone.



As soon as Lincoln turned 2, it was like he knew how to talk on the phone. The day before, if handed the phone, he would just want to push all the buttons. But on his birthday, he truly talked on the phone, answering questions, looking all important. So funny!


It was a fun day! We are incredibly thankful for this bright, mischievous blue-eyed, finger-sucking, truck-loving little man that brings so much joy not only to his parents, but also to his sister. She is so thankful to have someone to boss play with. And his love for her is very apparent. His sister is everything to him, the first person he asks for when he wakes up.

We pray that God will continue to watch over Lincoln, and that we may be blessed with his presence for many, many more years, Lord willing.

2 comments:

  1. Aww. He looks like such a sweetheart . . .but you can't hide the mischief in that face. (especially in the first two pictures) What a fun combination!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cutie! It looks like he had a great birthday!

    ReplyDelete