Monday, June 30, 2014

Somewhat Hazy Thoughts on a Somwhat Hazy Day.....

We are enjoying some real heat the last few days, with the temperatures in the plus 30s, thanks to the humidity. What? You say you aren't enjoying the hot, sticky weather?? One second.......

There. NOW are you enjoying the heat we are having??! :o) Those wintry pictures were taken in March, which is really not that long ago. So go, revel in the 35 degrees Celsius, because before we know it, the snow will be flying!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've been thoroughly loving the World Cup Soccer (or Football) games. It probably helps that "my" country has advanced to the quarterfinals.

While I love watching the game, no matter who is playing, I have to admit that it is the very beginning of the match that I most enjoy - and that is, listening to all the different national anthems. My! There are some really peppy anthems out there! I have no idea the words, it's just the variation in tunes that I find interesting.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Someone is 2.5 years old today. Sob!!! I do believe this deserves a post all on its own, considering I could write a book on this boy of ours!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Just after one year of age, it became apparent that Keziah was allergic to peanuts. She was tested and due to the little hive that came up and the fact that it is only peanuts (she can have all other nuts), the allergist said she would most likely grow out of it. So, with her being almost 5, we thought we'd do a little test. Well, it became very clear very quickly that she has not done enough growing yet. After 3 hours of sneezing, coughing, wheezing, crying, sore stomach, hives on her neck and eyes half-closed, she finally threw up. And just as quickly as the symptoms came on her, they left. And she was much better. So no peanut butter for this gal! (later that night she told me she felt she had all bumps in her throat. I have never told her this, that that might happen!! Scary stuff! So the Epi-pen will be ordered)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We've been taking Lincoln into church once a Sunday lately. He is actually doing pretty good, sitting for more than an hour, thanks to those two fingers of his! He's gone 3 or 4 times so far and I know he is improving because I am coming out of church with more and more candies still in my candy bag :o)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In the last few weeks, I've seen quite a few of these being ridden:

Um. Why?! Why in the world would you ride a tandem bike??! I know Archie and Veronica always did, but that was in the comics!! Maybe I am missing something, that maybe being behind someone, staring at the butt of the person in front of you is actually quite fun! I don't know....but I highly doubt it. If there is a very good reason why you would ride tandem, do share. But as for now, it will stay off my bucket list.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It is 2 years ago today that Keziah had a very large part of her birthmark removed. It was quite the dramatic and long day - 7 hours of surgery! And then when she got out, we walked right by her in the Recovery Room, not recognizing her without a big part of her birthmark! This girl has been through a lot in the last 2.5 years, but we have so much to be thankful for! And the best part?! She is no worse for wear!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tomorrow is our country's 147th birthday!

We will be celebrating it first thing in the morning by doing a 5Km run. The exciting thing is that this time, Keziah will be doing the 1 Km run for kids!! Wish her all the best!! She's been practising :o)

And that is enough thoughts on these hazy, lazy days.

No comments:

Post a Comment