Wednesday, February 10, 2016

February Foto Fun Day 10: Myself in 10 Things

Here we go, Myself in 10 Things:

1. Baking. I spend a lot of time in my kitchen, baking treats for us and others.


2. I have had this stuffed pig since we were dating, where Nathan won it at a carnival for me (20 years ago!). And yes, I sleep with it every time Nathan is gone (like tonight). Seriously.

3. Tweezers. Without them I would have one eyebrow instead of two, and there would be no space between my eye and eyebrow.

4. Writing. My kids have journals from before they were born, starting with the process of adopting them. I wrote to them every single day since they were born until they were 2.5. I now write to them once month, documenting what they've been up to, the funny things they say, our struggles, our joys, what they excel at, what we are working on etc. I love writing, especially to them.

5. Injuries seem to follow me: I have broken all my fingers, my ankle a couple of times, popped the vertebrae in my back, broken my wrist, cracked my ribs. Most All of it is thanks to sports.

6. 11 years of piano lessons yet too scared to play in front of anyone:

7. Bad day? Walking or exercising does wonders for me.

8. Not only do I love to play sports, I love watching as well.

9, My thumbs make me somewhat unique - anyone else out there with thumbs like this?! I have no idea why one is stumpy and the other is "normal".

10. I thrive on being with others, enjoying other people's company a lot. It affects my mood when I am by myself too much.

While I can focus a lot on my flaws, and wish I could change many things, I am thankful to God for making me, me. And I am thankful I can look to Him to help me in overcoming some of my flaws (like my big mouth as an example.... ;)

Day 11: Favourite Colour

2 comments:

  1. I'm loving your photos! I am wondering though, what do you bake that has Vaseline in it???

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haven't you ever tried it?! It's the best way to get honey out of the measuring cup. You first smear the Vaseline into the measuring cup, and then the honey. It'll make all the honey pour out of the cup. JUST KIDDING!!! ;) It's there because poor Lincoln had an ongoing sore upper lip from the amount of Kleenex-wiping his nose needed. So we always had the Vaseline on hand :)

      Delete