Thursday, February 4, 2016

February Foto Fun Day 4: Changes to Come

The following notice was in our church bulletin this past Sunday, and that's when I knew, whether I am ready or not, changes are ahead.....

See that year '2011'? Yeah, that means I have a child that I need to register for Senior Kindergarten for this coming September. Come September my youngest will be in Kindergarten 2 full days one week and 3 full days the following week.

I had thought of prolonging this change from happening by keeping my baby home an extra year. Really, if he was born two days later he would be staying home one more year! Being so young AND being a boy were two big factors in making our decision.

However, in the last months he has proven to me that he is so ready academically. He knows most of the letters, recognizes the numbers 1-10 and can count in to the 20s. The other day I caught him sounding out the word 'puppet'. He is just ready for the challenges of what school will bring him. He is very eager to learn and wants to learn more and more.

As for the maturity part? Yeah, well, he's a boy. They apparently don't mature until they marry anyway, so I might as well send him as I do not plan on having him home every day all day until/if he gets married :)

To get me used to the change ahead, Lincoln did start a little preschool program a few weeks ago. He goes every Tuesday and Thursday, from 9-12, to Mrs. Post's home (Keziah's previous kindergarten teacher) with 3 other children from our church.
 

He loves it!! And it's just a few hours, so it is a good balance of keeping him busy and spending time at home with me.

I do get somewhat excited about September with him going to school a few days a week. I know he'll soak it all up and have fun, and it'll leave me more opportunity to supply teach at the school where both my kiddies will be, which I do already a bit.

Yet on the other hand, I am trying hard not to panic as I see this part of my life behind me....the part where I always have someone home with me. What in the world am I going to do on the days they are both gone? I know I mentioned teaching, but unless we have very sick teachers next year, I know I won't be teaching every day that he is gone to school. So, then what?!

Deep breath. I have noticed that there is no shortage of people around that need an extra hand, or shoulder, or a listening ear. I am busy with that now already so I look forward to being able to do more of this.

When I start to worry about what the changes ahead will mean for me, it is good that I am reminded to trust in the Lord. He has planned my life the last almost 38 years, He has next year planned for me as well. That is so comforting, knowing He is at the helm of my life.

'For I know the plans that I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope. " Jeremiah 29: 11

Day 4: What I do for a Living

No comments:

Post a Comment