Tuesday, February 16, 2016

February Foto Fun Day 16: Favourite Saying


It's a saying I heard in a marriage video a few years ago, one that I quickly scrawled at the top of the workbook as I loved it. And it's a saying that I fall back on, as it is just so humbling. It keeps things in perspective for me, as everything He does here to me is to perfect me for Him. That may mean some tough trials or thorns in the sides, all with the goal of perfecting me. I am thankful for this reminder.

Of course I don't just have one favourite saying. I have a few. Another favourite saying I love is: 

Failure is trying to please everyone. 

This is a very good reminder for me as I tend to want to please people a little too much. A people-pleaser. And when I don't, well, that leaves me unsettled and sleepless. So to remember that saying is helpful for me to keep things in focus, and that is to first please the Lord and to stop looking to please everyone.

So do you have any words of wisdom? Favourite sayings?

Day 17:  A Sunset (oh-oh.....I may be going into the Archives for this one!)

No comments:

Post a Comment