Sunday, February 21, 2016

February Foto Fun Day 20: Frozen

How I wish today was frozen in time. It was a day that was spent with my darling girl. It had been well over a year since we went on a date together. Her idea of a date is to spend time at the mall......my favourite place. Not. But I take her, as I get to see her in her glory, looking and touching all kinds of things. And I'll walk every mall with her if that means spending time with her.

First things first: eating lunch in the Food Court

Next on her agenda? The Disney Store.....the very reason why we drove to this particular mall!! Her and Olaf - her favourite Frozen character, and well, he fit my frozen theme for the day:

And then we wandered and wandered. And wandered some more. We stopped at every store that had a rack of Beanie Boos......who knew so many stores would sell these things?! She found every single one, and it typically went like this: she would look, touch, then take one out, snuggle it to her nose, put it back and then leave the store:
 
 

We also had to stop at any store that had figurines to look at......she spent a lot of time in this store, the Green Earth. She just went from one interesting display to the next. She never says much....just takes it all in, one display at a time.

After a few hours of this, a frozen strawberry and banana shake was requested. We sat and rested our feet, and shared not only the drink, but also a few giggles
 
 

We walked and wandered some more, and then after about 3 hours, our feet were done. We then invited the boys of the family to join us for a tasty treat: frozen yogurt, another choice by the 6.5 year old without knowing it would fit well with my frozen theme of the day. 
 
 

Ah, such a great way to spend a couple of hours on a Saturday. On one hand I wish I could freeze moments like this, yet on the other hand I wouldn't want to because then we wouldn't get to experience more moments like today. I am so thankful for this girl. She is a treasure beyond what I deserve. But seeing that it pleased God to bless us with her, I shall continue to relish every minute with my daughter.

Day 21: Something Red

No comments:

Post a Comment